FILTER PRESS FOR READY MIX CONCRETE
Enviro-Port works with M.W. Watermark for each specific site to select the correct filter press size and type, recommended uses may vary depending on individual company application.
FILTER PRESS: HOW IT WORKS
The Filter Press in operation: the solids laden slurry is pumped under pressure into the press chambers through the piping at the stationary head of the filter press, via the feed connection. As each cake chamber fills with slurry, the liquid passes through the cloth medium, across the drain- field, through the drain ports and exits via gravity out of the corner discharge eyes.
FILTER PRESS: SITE CONSIDERATIONS
Considerations for Press installation:
1. Press Location:
a. Elevate press on walls
i. Filtered water discharge
1. Gravity to containment area/tank
2. Sump pump transfer kit option
b. Cake drop area – Clean out method and schedule
2. Gray Water Source, Agitation
a. If Enviro-Port spillover tank – Filter Press feed kit needed
b. If Pond or capture pits – Agitation method needed
3. Run Off Water
a. Some water is expected from the dropping cakes, press cloth weeping and customers washing down the cloth after use, locate press so process water can be directed to capture basin
4. Air Supply: Varies by press depending on size of Air Operated Diaphragm (AOD) used to supply the filter press. CFM listed on equipment quote.
5. Electrical: Varies by press type, Full Auto and Semi Auto.